Wednesday 3 July 2013

Update.

I've been working pretty hard at Jo-Plants lately, I've been trying to give everything that last push before I start in earnest on my next stage of plants, the biennials and the Christmas houseplants, which will if everything goes to plan fill up the spaces left behind by the plants that get sold.
I've been potting on my summer plants into 9 cm or 11 cm pots depending on the growth rate of the plant and hopefully they won't need to be potted on again until they have new homes and can go in their forever soil.
I've been potting up some of my late plants ready for selling, and I can tell you I'm pretty excited about them, they are stunning little devils and that's before they have flowers on them. I have some evening primroses that I think are particularly special. I've had to throw away some of my early stock unsold due to being unable to sell them until my business was approved to start trading. Its been a bit of a blow to be honest but its left lots of lovely space in the poly tunnel for the new plants.

I've had about 20% of my stock taken to the bottom of the garden near the house onto a big wooded table so that the stock that's ready for selling is always conveniently placed so that its easy to tell apart from the rest of the stock, its given me even more space in the poly tunnel and its close to the car. As an extra bonus its also easier to label the plants as they are so high up on their new table and its also very close to the kettle. :D

I've been looking for a market to sell my plants at recently but its quite difficult to get a space as they have so many plant stalls already, although I have to say that non of them seem to sell the sorts of plants that I do. I'll just have to keep going with car boot sales for a bit longer and keep an eye out for a market. I know as the autumn comes along the plant stalls will thin out so I might be more likely to get a pitch then, which will mean I'll be able to sell my biennials in time for them to be planted and established ready for the spring.

If you would like to take a look at my stock I will be at Awesworth (Near Ilkeston, Derbyshire) car boot most Sundays, and I will get back to you all once I've found a car boot on Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment