Thursday 8 August 2013

Bugs, brooms and the turning of the year.


I've really been taking up all of the upper patio at dads with my plants. 

 These are hesperis matronalis 'Alba' which will be ready by early autumn for planting ready for them flowering in the spring.
 This is the Hesperis a little over a week later.
 These are plants for early spring next year. We have Pansys, viola, aquilegia, and primulas. I have more than the five but these were conveniently close to this months potting on area. I seem to change the potting on area regularly, possibly so that I don't get bored of the view.  
 I cut down a lot of the grasses that had gone to seed so that the polytunnel looked a little neater. Don't they look nice? even in an old green trug.
 A butterfly having a drink from a rudbeckia.
 A bee from my one and only purple sunflower for this year.
 A clean potting bench. I cleared about a quarter of the polytunnel, moved things around to make more space and cut things back that were getting too lanky. I really need to get a sweeping brush for inside as the floor is covered in seed heads, soil, snail poop and all sorts of other things I don't really want in there. Next thing on my list is to get a polytunnel broom.


No comments:

Post a Comment